Welcome to Passport Office GhaziabadCheck Status | Enquiry Numbers | Apply for Passport
Online Fee Payment
One has to visit the Passport Kendra Office for completing all formalities of the passport. Earlier, an appointment was not necessary for meeting the officials; however, the Central government has made it compulsory to first make a payment online for reserving an appointment with the officials. The time and date can be chosen by the individuals themselves. The accepted methods of payment online are:
- Credit Card or Debit Card (both MasterCard and Visa types)
- Netbanking facilities ( Only SBI and associated banks are applicable)
- Challan of the SBI Bank.
Individuals who are in urgent need of passports apply for the same in the Tatkal process. However, even in this process, people should only pay the appointment costs online and pay the remaining cash at the Seva Kenrdra on the date of appointment.
To pay using Credit/Debit Card OR Internet Banking
- Once the passport application’s official website is opened, applicants need to select the type “Schedule appointment” and then choose the “appointment quota”, choose the locality of the Seva Kendra and proceed.
- Pay and Book Appointment option needs to be selected to open up the various options regulated by the SBI.
- The preferred mode of payment is chosen; payment details are entered and clicked for further processing. This will take a few minutes to load; hence one must never lose patience and try to stop the process or try to reload again.
- Upon successful payment, the appointment gets booked at the desired Seva Kendra and the user is able to view an Appointment confirmation message on their screens.
- This is called the Application Receipt (ARN). Individuals need to take a copy of this receipt along with them, when they go for the appointment.
To pay using a Challan
- The pay using Challan link needs to be selected and this gives out a SBI Challan on the screen.
- Once a minimum of 3 hours have gone by after this process, the Challan is then taken a print out and submitted at any SBI’s branch nearby along with the appointment booking charges.
- Payments get credited to the Seva Kendra’s account after the Challan submission. Individuals can know the status of their payment through the “Track Payment Status” link.
- Once the payment gets reflected as success, only then individuals can choose the “Schedule Appointment” tab.
- Individuals should now go ahead and choose the date and venue for appointment and also choose the appointment quota. Once all details are fed into the system, an appointment is booked automatically.
- Individuals now get the Receipt confirmation on their screens. A print out of this is taken while going for the appointment,. Payment made through this way holds good till a year from the time of the first appointment date. If users do not avail the services within one year, then the amount goes for a waste.
Reschedule / Cancel an appointment
- Individuals are given two chances for rescheduling or cancelling an appointment within one year from the first date of appointment.
- Earlier applicants (when online payment was not present) who want to re plan their appointment dates, should go through the new process now of booking the online appointment first by paying some charges online.